At first glance..
This is an essay i wrote on criterion for my english assignment.
All eyes were locked on her as she stepped into the classroom.At first glance, her perfectly skinny figure,long platinum blond hair and porcelain white skin clearly made her seem like an angel who had descended from the heavens.I was especially mesmerised by her clear, almost crystal-like, blue sapphire eyes that seemed to take you to a whole other world when you gaze into them.Then, with her beautiful peach coloured lips, she smiled and everyone was overwhelmed with glee.It was such a pleasant and almost irresistible sight.It was no doubt that I was in love with her at first sight!
Her lavender scented perfume permeated the air and almost made half of the boys, who were clearly infatuated with her, faint in bliss. I knew that she was the one for me,the girl who I believe I am destined to be with.I mean who would not want to be with her?Having mustered enough courage,I asked her out on a date. "Yes.Tonight at 7, okay?" she replied in her sweet voice.However, little did I know, I was hours away from experiencing hell.
As promised,I was waited for her at her doorstep at 7 in the evening.The door opened and there she was, clad in a gorgeous satin red dress.I was the luckiest guy on earth (or so I thought I was).I drove us to a fancy Italian restaurant and reserved an exclusive table by the window."How was your day?" I asked her.
"Oh my day was hell!Your disgusting friend was drooling all over me.I had to throw water in his face before he could actually wake up from that perverse delusion of me being his girlfriend.Ugh." she complained with no restraint.I was surprised by the comment but decided to think optimistically.Maybe she was just in a bad mood.Not long after, the waiter arrived at our table to serve us complementary appetisers.When she saw the appetisers,she burst out yelling at the waiter saying that it looked cheap for a high-class Italian restaurant.Feeling embarrassed and a little flustered at her rude and ridiculous behaviour, I raised my voice and told her to calmly sit down.In response, she threw her food at me and started yelling back at me.With my blouse soiled with food,I stormed out of the restaurant and went home.
Since that day,I never talked to her ever again.She had the demeanour of an angel but was clearly the spawn of the devil.This goes to show that things are not always as they appear at first glance.I learnt not to judge a person by its appearance.
Labels: Draft
<$I18NNumComments$>:
<$CommentPager$>
-
<$I18NCommentAuthorSaid$>
-
- <$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$CommentPager$>
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>
<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>
:
@ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>
<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>
<< Home