Talk about too passionate on the typing...
"Ibubapa di Singapura terlalu memanjakan anak-anak mereka. Setujukah kamu dengan pendapat ini?"
Translation: "Parents in Singapore spoils their children too much. Do you agree with this statement?"
This was supposedly my malay homework - an expository essay. Somewhat a debate; in between a social studies/history Structured essay question and a debate speech. Gosh, english is fine with me but MALAY? I can barely converse in the language...
So I decided to do a short plan-out and draft in english and ended up writting the whole essay with the tittle :
Children nowadays are spoiled a little too much by their parents. Do you agree?After typing, I re-read and realised I was out-of point in some areas, but I got the idea.
Not wanting to delete the whole
607 word essay thinking it would be a TOTAL waste of my effort and time, I decided to post in on my blog for the world to see.
Somehow or rather, I felt a little oppression towards the government or educational system. I apologise if it seemed that way. I tried my best to stray away from that kind of thing. My intention of course was not to blame but to show a different side to the argument. A lot of people blamed the parents but I feel the parents are also the victim in the situation.
So i hope you enjoy...
DO post comment..please T_T Be it good or bad... i need my tagboard to be alive please. AND I KNOW YOU ARE READING SO TAG : (. if you're shy...dont put your name lah =_= (oops Singlish there... my apologies)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Children nowadays are spoiled a little too much by their parents. Do you agree?In a way, I disagree but to a very small extent. Indeed parents, place many privileges on their children to lighten up their burden. However, I believe that Children are spoiled not by their parents but by their social environment in Singapore.In the current 21st century, I see my peers who can afford buying the latest hip gadgets with their own school allowances yet they do not know how much hard work had been put in to earn the money. I see my female counterparts shopping for hours just to buy an outfit and let loose their parent’s credit cards, bank savings card or anything equivalent on extravagant dining yet they do not know how to cook simple recipes or sew clothes albeit the constant endeavors of Singapore’s Educational System trying to educate our young ladies. These are what society consider the “modern” generation. Singapore is developing hastily as a first world country or even better. Thus, the quality living of Singaporeans are getting better but of course at the price of their freedom to fully committing themselves to education and hardwork. This is to an extent that expensive electronics such as a laptop are a necessity in a student’s educational regime and without it; the student will be heavily burdened. Parents of course willingly obliged, as long as their children score well in their exams. Parents hired maids and housekeepers to serve meals for the family, clean the house, and do the laundry because parents nowadays are too busy with their work to do so. Their children are also following in their footsteps – leaving all the house work to the maids. It is understandable that the current generation is busy trying to improve their educational resume through intensive extra-curriculum activities, music classes, dance classes and an already stressful school-life. With the current university applicants pools increasing each year, young Singaporean are threaten by each other and their talented international counterparts. Even as young as three-years-old, parents are sending their children for music classes, dance classes or sports classes so that their children can be a notch higher than the rest. With a heavy burden placed upon the younger generation of Singaporeans, it is clear that they are too packed with their ‘work life’ to bother about how to hold a broom or wash the dishes. Skills in house-keeping or house managing are not emphasized in the modern culture. Singapore’s government are more focused on trying to make use of every single young Singaporean to contribute to this “educated professional” group of people whom they will entrust Singapore’s future too. This is, again unavoidable, as Singapore has nothing else to depend on. Singapore has no natural resources or land – only its people. Thus, its people are facing the pressure of living up to such a “responsibility and pressure” from the government as well as society. As a result, its people are slowly being influenced into this strange phenomenon. Some people blame Globalization while some blamed the ignorance of the government or the ministry of education and of course the parents.However, it is our choice to make. I believe that all of us a clear-headed enough to realize that we are all highly-educated enough to multi-task and learn the arts of homemaking. If we can spend 5 hours on non-school activities, I am sure 30 minutes of learning how to sweep or tidy up the house would not kill. The true victims are children and teenagers who are brainwashed and reprogrammed into being only education-minded. Though in the end, it is necessary. -NamiLabels: Draft
<$I18NNumComments$>:
<$CommentPager$>
-
<$I18NCommentAuthorSaid$>
-
- <$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$CommentPager$>
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>
<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>
:
@ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>
<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>
<< Home