Just came back from a grueling Chinese New Year Rehearsal at the Hall.
Gosh, it was so tiring.
NOt only was I so tired from dancing, but also shouting to make sure my voice was heard to Farah and Raga whom I was teaching the steps to.
Walked back home with Raga, as usual.
We sat at the usual bus stop opposite Leanne's Home and talked.
When it comes to me and Raga, we would either talk crap,about studies,about people's bad habits and of course Med School -.-.
I do not like talking about Med School because i feel that it will make me lose my focus.
As much as I dream of getting into Med School, I just want to focus on the task ahead of me, ACING MY O'LEVELS! and getting into college.
Yet again, Raga talked about the impossibilities of getting into NUS Med School.
You either have to be SUPER SUPER SMART or SUPER SUPER Talented in other areas to get in.
With all due respect, I really dislike her pessimictic talk. I do not blame her, I really respect her for letting it out. There ARE people out there who think the same way, it fine with me, they have the right to do so.
My main question is ,"What Happen to Hope?".
Maybe Hope may not be as loyal to you as disappointment is BUT why are people giving in to this "grade reliant trend?".
Personally, as a person who aspires to be a Physician, I too, believe that grades are important especially your a'level grades. It is useful when studing Medicine because you have A LOT to study; Physiology, Human Biology, Pathololy, Drugs etc. A real heapful I must say. Never the less, I am not put down for I really trully believe in what I want to become and I know the sacrifices I have to make as a young Adult and a female. Although my grades may not be the best ,I know my potential to do EVEN better and I believe in my passion and will to readily help others. Thus, I constantly perservere and endeavour to do better and motivate myself to carry on.
Then come another issue - Grades.
Even if I get like a 'B' in my sciences, as disappointed i may be, i will not give up and apply for med school. I hope that the Panel will see that glint of passion in me and recognise my determination thus far. Even with the increased difficulty in admisison into NUS Medical School with the high intake of increadibly and amazingly smart foreign talents, should such a factor affect my self-proclaimed "DETERMINATION"? NO!
Another Issue is SUBJECTS CHOOSING.
I do not know whether is it some phenomenon among parents to pressure their children into taking triple sciences - I dont know, but there have been such cases amongst my peers and I DONT LIKE IT. I am sorry if this offended anybody, but I am the kind of person who advocates passion. I chose the subject that i am passionate about as cliche as it may sounds. My personal reason for choosing triple sciences because I want to have a thorough and holistic scientific knowledge of the things that goes on around me. I WANT to learn more about it. HECK , as much as I have been told and brainwashed that Geography is EASIER than History and etcetera, I chose history instead BECAUSE I know I am passionate about it and i LOVE the topics that I am being taught and Now i am doing well. Whats the moral you say? It is common sense to know that when one is studying a subject one is interested or passionate about, one is always eager to know more. As a result, willingly learning rather than mindlessly memorising is clearly much healthier, DOnt you think so?
Many of my friends say that taking Biology and Chemistry combination is College will benefit you in med school especially in your first year, studying human biology etc, but the chances of a student ever getting in is probably 20%? Might as well take Physics and Chemistry because it is the "safer" choice. I dont like this kind of mentality, choosing something because it is safe. I dont want to be IMPRISONED but the thought of "SAFETY", I want to be free to study what i am passionate about which is BIOLOGY. That is why I want to take CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY and i dont care whether it is safe or not, the possibility of me getting into med school or not. I am confident of my passion and ability and I am constantly TRYING to be hopeful of getting into SINGAPORE's MEd school. No place else. Contrary to the current trend of studying overseas. I would RATHER studying in NUS Med School In singapore and work in a hospital IN SINGAPORE. I want to SERVE SINGAPOREANs , despite the sometimes irritating Singaporean Kiasuness -.-.Never the less, this is where i am from and what I am bred, I simply want to contribute to the society and my country.
Oh gee, I just went a little toO OVER-patriotic there. -.-
Sometimes I get irritated with the Policies here and there but at the end of the day,
I am satisfied with my life.
It may not be the best but I am living a peaceful life with my loved ones without too much worries on not being able to pay medical bills and etc;.
So i guess that is something to be worth grateful for?
I guess I have to say is, IN MY OPINION ONLY , the ONLY person that one has to "beat" or "overthrow" or "overpower" is one's pessimistic self.
Always think positively and move forward.
ANd Opportunities may come hidden.
From the ever-Optimistic Nami : )
Have a nice day everyone.
Im just in a good mood...
i guess -.-
Labels: Draft
<$I18NNumComments$>:
<$CommentPager$>
-
<$I18NCommentAuthorSaid$>
-
- <$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$CommentPager$>
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>
<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>
:
@ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>
<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>
<< Home