Discrimination against the non-elites.
Disclaimer: I apologise if my post below have unintentionally offend the elites,non-elites and those in-between.
Recently i've visit a thread on stomp about a then JC 1 boy who entered PJC under the PAE programme.He was oringinally from SJI. There was a buzz as a result of his post on his blog that was discriminating against neighbourhood school students stating that neighbourhood girls have , "no class" and some other bs that will definitely make girl in my school yell "WTF?!". Yes yes I did too. =_=.
Though i have to say both sides are at fault, but in my opinion is slightly leaning towards Mr. Guy-who-thinks-he-is-still-elite-despite-not-maintaining-his-so-called-elitism-by-entering-a-"neighbourhood"-jc-and-bitching-about-it-soon-after. I can understand his frustration, I do find it childish and irritating when my fellow schoolmates do the similar things that he is complaining about.Hey, maybe both of us have completely different tolerance level but immediately stereotyping neighbourhood students notably girls for having "no class" and the other belittling words after encountering a mere unfavourable situation was simply going too far.
I can understand that being elite has its prestige and respect.Even I personally admire the elites on a professional level but this does not give you the right to stomp on us like as if were pests.Think about it, without us "neighbourhood" people, the elites would probably not be so profound as it is now. Even so, whatever his reason, he is NEVER elite.Even if he came from SJI or RI or whatever school, to enter a "neighbourhood" school and complain about its "neighbourhood" students and then discriminating against them through blogging or other means soon after clearly shows that he lacks the profesionalism in attitude and adaptation that elites supposedly have.
Labels: Draft
<$I18NNumComments$>:
<$CommentPager$>
-
<$I18NCommentAuthorSaid$>
-
- <$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$CommentPager$>
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>
<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>
:
@ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>
<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>
<< Home